The January quiz from Julie Clarke has been loaded to the website and is ready for you to test your general knowledge. (Our quiz page lists all the quizzes that have been set previously.)
Our next Members Morning is on February 6th at Sandbach Town Hall.
The meeting will begin at the earlier time of 9.30 for our AGM.
This will be followed by a break for refreshments before this month’s talk – “Bygone Sandbach” from Stephen Minshull.
Sandbach & District u3a AGM
Thank you to the members who voted following last months prompt, and thanks too to those of you who noted your thanks for the Committee – they are appreciated.
If you haven’t already voted please review the papers and vote online if possible. This saves a lot of paper and the counting and checking of votes is done automatically which saves a lot of time for committee members.
Alternatively the papers and voting slips are available in the library, on our notice board. Completed papers can be left in the tin below.
‘Another Good Read’ ..
… is a new book group starting on Friday 10th February, 11.15 to 12.45 at the Group Leader’s home. Members will each have a few minutes to share what they consider ‘another good read’, fiction or non fiction , and try to persuade the rest of the group to put it on their reading list!
The group will meet every four weeks. There will be a maximum of ten on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, plus a waiting list if necessary. Priority will be given to those who are not already in a reading group.
For more details and to join the group contact Tricia Naylor on 07761 977925 or 01270 762340.
Monday’s 7-9pm Union Street Community Centre
The group plays duplicate bridge when numbers permit. New members are welcome to join the relaxed, friendly atmosphere and help is at hand, if needed.
We accept lapsed players and those with a little knowledge of the game. For more information please contact Margaret Waters 01270 753090
Monday’s 10-45-11.45am Wesley Centre
Pilates improves flexibility, builds strength and develops control and endurance in the entire body. It puts emphasis on alignment, breathing, developing a strong core and improving coordination and balance. No experience is necessary and classes are suitable for all abilities, male or female. Whether you’re a beginner or already familiar with Pilates and want to improve your core strength why not come and give it a go.
Session fees payable in advance. For more information please contact email@example.com
There are a few places remaining for our trip to Boundary Mill on 13 Feb, cost £14.00. I was going to list the brands at this outlet village but the list is too long! You can see details here – https://boundaryoutlet.com/store/colne/
Please see our events page – https://u3a.simplemembership.co.uk/Sandbach/events or contact Alice on 01270765856 for details, or to book a place.
Third Age Trust Magazine
Third Age Matters is the national u3a magazine that most members receive quarterly from the Third Age Trust. It seems to be a love it or loathe it publication but whatever your views, it eventually will find it’s way to the re-cycle bin.
If you prefer not to have the magazine drop through your letterbox contact firstname.lastname@example.org and Barrie will remove your name from the distribution list.
There is a screenreader version of each issue available at https://www.u3a.org.uk/news/publications
‘And finally …’
- I have a Geography joke but it’ll be lost on you
- I could sell you a few Latin jokes…but Caveat Emptor!
- Then there is the Historical joke if I could remember it.
- I have an astrological joke but it’s not worth the space.
- I have a wine joke, but it hasn’t aged well.
- I have an archery joke but it has yet to find it’s mark…..
- I had a rambling joke but it’s lost.
- I had a joke about taking a bath, …but I decided to pull the plug on it.
- I have a motoring joke – but it’s not up to speed
- I have a knitting joke. You’ll be in stitches
- I have a baking joke but it’s over done.
- I had a lathe joke, but it’s turned away.
- I have a joke about the universe but it’s a waste of space.
- I have a civil engineering joke but it’s still under construction
- I had a boxing joke but forgot the punch line.
- I have a mime artist joke but I am keeping it quiet.
- I had a joke about food, but it was tasteless.
- I had a joke about refuse collection, but it was thrown out.