A member has come forward and offered to lead a Canasta group, on either Tuesday afternoons or Wednesday mornings depending on venue availability. We need to judge interest to see whether such a group would be viable so if the idea appeals to you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It would be useful to know whether you are an absolute beginner or not.
Renewals for the 2022/2023 season will begin shortly – look out for more information, coming soon.
This is advance notice that following the success of the renewal sessions held at the Rugby Club due to Covid, we have decided to repeat this opportunity to make the event a more sociable one.
Renewal ‘Drop-in’s will be held from 10:00 – 12:00 in the undercover seating area at Sandbach RUFC, Bradwall Road, CW11 1RA on Wednesdays – 13th and 27th July and 10th August. Light refreshments will be available to buy.
PLEASE NOTE: Our regular information desk in Sandbach Library will not be available on these dates
Crewe Male Voice Choir, with Sandbach u3a Choir as guest choir, will be at Sandbach Town Hall 4th June at 7.30 for a celebration of singing together again.
U3A members will be organising a raffle the proceeds from which will be coming to our u3a. Tickets cost £8.50 and will be available from:
– members of both choirs;
– Black Cat Coffee Shop, Welles Street;
– reserved from email@example.com;
– on the door.
Southport Flower Show, 18th – 19th August 2022
Congratulations to Southport u3a Gardening Group who have submitted plans to the judges for their Show Garden at the Southport Flower Show. The aim is to create a typical cottage garden style, celebrating all the many activities that our u3a is involved in – not just gardening. This has involved many volunteers who will not only be growing plants at home through the summer, but who will be helping on site to dig holes, build fences and the summerhouse, paint things, lay slabbing, and turf, plant trees and flowers – and all the myriad of jobs that will need to be done to create the finished effect. Members will also be on hand to show visitors around the garden.
Southport u3a would love to see you!
All u3a members will be entitled to a special reduced rate ticket of £18 instead of the normal £27 entry price. All you need to do is go to www.southportflowershow.co.uk and type in u3a in the promo box – and the price will magically change to £18.
And finally …
- I didn’t think orthopedic shoes would help, but I stand corrected.
- It was an emotional wedding. Even the cake was in tiers.
- I just got kicked out of a secret cooking society. I spilled the beans.
- What’s a frog’s favorite type of shoes? Open toad sandals.
- Blunt pencils are really pointless.
- 6:30 is the best time on a clock, hands down.
- Two wifi engineers got married. The reception was fantastic.
- Just got fired from my job as a set designer. I left without making a scene.
- What’s the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don’t know and I don’t care.
- If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.
- The man who invented Velcro has died. RIP.
- Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.