The latest quiz from Julie Clarke (number 60) has been loaded to the website as well as the answers to number 59. Go to the quiz page where you’ll also find this week’s music quiz (number 59) and the answers to music quiz number 58. Our quiz page lists all the quizzes that have been set previously.
The Tuesday Patchwork Group were delighted to be able to meet up again last week after a year communicating through Zoom and WhatsApp. Neither the unseasonable temperatures nor the threat of rain could dent the enthusiasm!
Following ‘a few’ burglaries the local Neighbourhood Alert Scheme are offering the following advice:
“Now that we are easing out of our lockdown, many residents are becoming more trusting, leaving doors propped open or unlocked for family to come and go. This is fine if the door is in view, but please be mindful of doing this when the access cannot be seen.”
To report any concerns, please always call 101 or 999 in an emergency.
u3a continue to provide national on-line events see https://u3a.org.uk/events/educational-events for more listings.
Marine Wildlife with Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
Monday 7 June, 10.30 am
Join us for a talk to hear about the amazing marine species and habitats in the seas around the UK, the pressures they face, and how to get involved in protecting their future.
An Introduction to Climate Change
Friday 11 June, 10.30 am
Join us for this presentation explaining what climate change is, the steps that are being taken to reduce damaging emissions and what role we all can play to protect the planet.
On a Lighter Note
- The Apes and Baboons were fighting. It’s called Gorilla warfare.
- I was going to give him a nasty look, but he already had one.
- I love my abacus, because I can always count on it.
- The King went to the dentist to have his teeth crowned
- A jump-lead is in a bar. The barman says ‘don’t start anything.’.
- Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do “practice”
- When are professional boxers going to have their jabs?
- I’ve a few ideas for laying a new garden path, but nothing concrete.
- I went out with a girl called Sue Denim. It was not her real name.
- I met my wife at a Scrabble tournament. We are going to renew our vowels .
- I’ve made a film about the demise of video rental stores. It’s a blockbuster.