The answers to the latest quiz from Julie Clarke (number 65) have been uploaded to the website as well as the answers to music quiz number 64. Our quiz page lists all the quizzes that have been set previously.
Julie has decided to take a very well deserved break, after 65 weeks of keeping us challenged and entertained. On behalf of the committee and members we’d like to say a huge thank you to Julie and everyone else who has helped to keep up our spirits since the first lockdown.
Our renewal sessions will take place at Sandbach Rugby Club, Bradwall Road, CW11 1RA. As last year, we will have marshals to help direct members and the rugby club will have light refreshments on sale.
This is also a good opportunity for to sign up for groups and for potential members to come along and join us or find out more about what u3a has to offer.
Dates for our renewal sessions for 2021 are 14, 28 July 2021 and 11, 25 August 2021 from 9:30 to 11:30am.
Thank you to everyone who has renewed so far.
Our weekly updates will become fortnightly over the next couple of months.
Holmes Chapel u3a picnic
This event planned for 7 July has been rescheduled for Wednesday 4 August. Same time and venue – 12:00 to 4:00 at Victoria Club, Holmes Chapel.
If you’d like to join the picnic, please send an email to email@example.com
On a Lighter Note – they say the old ones are the best!
- Sound technicians hate feedback on their work
- British Nuclear Scientists love Fission Chips
- Don’t iron a four-leaf clover. You don’t want to press your luck.
- Isn’t it scary that doctors call what they do “practice”?
- 2 monkeys shared an Amazon account. They were prime-mates.
- I need an anagram for ‘Nuclear’ but the answer’s unclear.
- Those found guilty of using too many commas will get a long sentence
- Bread is like the sun. It rises in the yeast and sets in the waist.
- Charity money for a marathon. They’ll just take the money and run I
- I went to a JCB exhibition . It was groundbreaking.
- I watched Oscar Wilde’s play Lady Windermere but I’m not really a fan.
- Who invented the Round Table? Sir Cumference
- Just got hit by a rented car. It Hertz
- BBC producer ‘You have the perfect face for radio’
- Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away
- I’ve taken up pottery in my retirement. Just kiln time