General Knowledge Quiz
We have a new quiz for April from Julie Clarke (number 61) which has been loaded to the website as well as the answers to the February quiz. Our quiz page lists all the quizzes that have been set previously.
Thank you to the members who responded to our appeal for a new Treasurer. We are lucky to have a strong committee but without key posts being filled we would not be able to continue.
We are pleased to announce that the Trustees have co-opted Keith Saywell to the committee. Keith will work alongside Richard through to September.
Members’ Morning and EGM
9 May 2022 – Sandbach Town Hall, doors open at 9.45
Please note the slightly earlier start to accommodate our EGM.
This month’s talk is ‘Dogs for Good’- The speaker, Mary, will be bringing her assistance dog, Kingsley, with her.
Many thanks to those members who are able to make a donation towards refreshments at our Member Mornings.
With apologies for mentioning this so early in the year – Alice would like to hear from you, without commitment, if you are interested in our u3a Christmas party. This year’s event will be a dinner and disco in the evening of December 16th at Crewe Golf Club. If you are interested please ring Alice on 01270765856 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Crewe Male Voice Choir, with Sandbach u3a Choir as guest choir, will be at Sandbach Town Hall 4th June at 7.30 for a celebration of singing together again.
U3A members will be organising a raffle the proceeds from which will be coming to our u3a.
Tickets cost £8.50 and will be available from:
- members of both choirs;
- from U3A Information Desk in the Library on Wednesday mornings 11 and 25 May;
- Black Cat Coffee Shop, Welles Street;
- can be reserved from email@example.com;
- on the door.
And finally …
- My wife told me to stop impersonating a flamingo. I had to put my foot down.
- I failed maths so many times at school, I can’t even count.
- I used to have a handle on life, but then it broke.
- I was wondering why the frisbee kept getting bigger and bigger, but then it hit me.
- I heard there were a bunch of break-ins over at the car park. That is wrong on so many levels.
- Don’t you hate it when someone answers their own questions? I I do.
- I know they say that money talks, but all mine says is ‘Goodbye.’
- The problem with kleptomaniacs is that they always take things literally.
- I can’t believe I got fired from the calendar factory. All I did was take a day off.
- Never trust atoms; they make up everything.
- My wife just found out I replaced our bed with a trampoline. She hit the ceiling!
- I was addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.