The latest quiz from Julie Clarke (number 16) has been loaded to the website as well as the answers to number 15. Go to the home page and search for “quiz”. The list of posts you see contains all the quizzes that have been set. This week the music quiz is number 15, while the answers to music quiz number 14 appear.
Renewal of Annual Membership
Nearly 500 members have now renewed the annual membership either online or at the first session at Sandbach Rugby Club. The massed ranks of committee members at the rugby club last Wednesday coped easily with the members who turned up braving the rain. Since the number of members who arrived in the afternoon was quite small, future sessions at the rugby club (22nd July, 12th August, and 26th August) will last from 09:30 to 11:30. The afternoon sessions that were mentioned in the letters and emails inviting renewals assumed a larger number of members wanting to renew in person. The months of lockdown have raised the profile of online working and the SWISH system was ready for it.
Hello Again! No Apologies for this bumper Summer Newsletter – a full 30 pages – and it’s all down to you, our members, who simply keep going, being creative and making things happen – and thank you for finding the time to send in your items. There’s some important Need-To-Know stuff in here, such as membership renewal, and there are flashes of humour, articles of specific and general interest, a good all round read.
Why not put your feet up, relax and enjoy your Newsletter by going to the home page of the Sandbach U3A website.
NHS in Cheshire
The NHS has had a very high profile this year for its efforts to treat people infected with the virus but a report published this month shows that NHS staff have been learning lessons as the doctors and nurses became more experienced in treating patients. The report is on the Sandbach U3A website and you may click here to download it.
Relations between men and women are a fertile field for humour. See below:
- My wife is really mad at the fact that I have no sense of direction. So I packed up my stuff and right.
- Today my wife left me because I am insecure. Oh wait! She’s back, she went to get coffee.
- My wife changed a lot when she went vegan, it’s like I never knew herbivore.
- I left my wife because she was obsessed with counting. I wonder what she’s up to now.
- I spent £100 on a new belt that didn’t even fit, my wife said it was a huge waist.
- My wife told me to take the spider out instead of killing him. Went out, had drinks and found he’s a web designer.
- Some mornings I wake up grumpy; other days I let her sleep in.
- Wife: Stop being an idiot. Just be yourself. Me: Make your mind up!
- My wife is like a newspaper, a new issue every day.
- My wife says I only have 2 faults. I don’t listen and something else…