The latest quiz from Julie Clarke (number 43) has been loaded to the website as well as the answers to number 42. Go to the quiz page where you’ll also find this week’s music quiz (number 42) and the answers to music quiz number 41.
Our quiz page lists all the quizzes that have been set previously.
The Membership Secretary would like a volunteer to assist with this role. Although you will be mainly covering for holidays it’s always useful to have backup! The duties would include:
- collecting any post from our box in Sandbach library
- collecting the results of the days when we have our desk in the library (Usually 2nd and 4th Weds of the month – between 9.30 – 11.30 am)
- entering the details into our on-line membership system
- paying any money collected into the bank.
Full training will be given. To obtain further details please send an email to email@example.com
Thanks in anticipation,
Barrie Hacking – Membership Secretary
We’ve been asked to keep members updated about Covid vaccinations:
“This last weekend saw Super Saturday (and Sunday) with 3 clinics at Alsager and 3 at Middlewich. We think we did over 3000 vaccines! (with hopefully minimal delays despite the IT and the weather) Huge thanks to our amazing team and all the volunteers at both sites.
The good news is we have been talking to our colleagues at Leighton Hospital about linking into their vaccine delivery capacity and we are hoping to add their site as an option on our invites for our patients in the near future.
We have 2 Middlewich clinics this week and we are hoping to get another delivery of vaccine at some point this week..
For the techy amongst you we are also looking at introducing pre printed cards with QR codes to speed up check in and waiting at lanes.”
King Lear Prizes Spring 2021
The King Lear Prizes is a creative arts competition open to those over the age of 65
- Choose from a range of different creative arts – Art, Poetry, Real Stories and Solo Musical Performance
- Enter with people at the same level as you – Separate categories for beginners and for more experienced amateurs
- Improve and hone your skills – Hints and tips to help you create your masterpieces, with extra help for beginners
- Be recognised for your work – Over £2,000 in prizes, certificates if you are shortlisted, with hundreds of special commendations for high-quality work
- Free to sign up for more information with no commitment – Only £5 to enter. The King Lear Prizes is a not-for-profit organisation.
More details can be found on the website – https://www.kinglearprizes.org.uk/
On a Lighter Note
We’re told these sentences actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced at church services:
- The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals
- Ladies, don’t forget the rummage sale. It’s a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your partners
- Miss Charlene Mason sang ‘I will not pass this way again,’ giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be ‘What Is Hell?’ Come early and listen to our choir practice
- Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones
- The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility
- The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon