The latest quiz from Julie Clarke (number 64) has been loaded to the website as well as the answers to number 63. Go to the quiz page where you’ll also find this week’s music quiz (number 63) and the answers to music quiz number 62. Our quiz page lists all the quizzes that have been set previously.
- A huge thank you goes to those members who volunteered to help deliver membership information to members without email, following the appeal last week. It’s very much appreciated.
- We’re delighted to report that our Walking Cricket Group have been invited to play Barnsley u3a Walking Cricket Group. There’s no pressure, Barnsley’s group is led by the National U3A Subject Adviser on Walking Cricket, but we’re sure our walking cricketers will enjoy themselves.
- At today’s committee meeting the 2021-22 draft programme was discussed and it is hoped to have this available for the first of our membership renewal sessions on July 14th.
The 2021 Sandbach Walking Festival TREASURE HUNT Quiz-Walk 2021
A new Quiz-Walk FOR 2021 is now available from Godfrey C. Williams & Son, £3 each.
It is a short walk you can do in your own time and, while you are doing it, learn things you didn’t know about Sandbach Town.
Take the family out for a bit fun searching for answers to the clues.
A bumper hamper of delicious local goodies kindly donated by Godfrey C. Williams & Son will be the prize, drawn from correct entries on 4th July.
The 2021 Sandbach Walking Festival is going ahead as planned and 40 walks / events are now on the Facebook page www.facebook.com/Sandbachwalkingfest Most walks are free and don’t need to be pre-booked, but where booking is required you are urged to do so as soon as possible. A number of walks are close to selling out.
On a Lighter Note
The slippery gap between writing and reading:
- In a London department store: Bargain Basement upstairs.
- In an office: Would the person who took the step ladder yesterday please bring it back or further steps will be taken.
- In a cloakroom: Toilet out of order. Please use floor below.
- In a laundromat: Automatic washing machines: Please remove all your clothes when the light goes out.
- In another office: After tea break staff should empty the teapot and stand upside down on the draining board.
- Outside a second hand shop: We exchange anything – Why not bring your wife along and get a wonderful bargain?
- Notice in health food shop window: Closed due to illness.
- Notice in a farmer’s field: The farmer allows walkers to cross the field for free, but the Bull charges.
- Message on a leaflet: If you cannot read, this leaflet will tell you how to get lessons.