The January quiz from Julie Clarke has been loaded to the website and is ready for you to test your general knowledge. (Our quiz page lists all the quizzes that have been set previously.)
February Members’ Morning
The next members meeting is at Sandbach Town Hall on Monday 5th February. Do you remember your favourite music from the 50’s and 60’s? Maybe it’s Connie Francis, Cilla, Dusty Springfield or The Supremes. Maybe you are not old enough (or, like me, don’t admit it) but have heard some of the hit tunes played on a dansette record player!!!!
Join us at the members meeting as singer Holly Reynolds is our guest for an hour of musical entertainment. Holly is bringing her own speaker system! For a preview of Holly’s music, visit her website at www.hollyreynolds.co.uk
The hall is open from 9.45ish for refreshments and a chat. Holly will start at 10.30 and will finish at 11.30. If you have not been to a members meeting before, we have a meet and greet team who will ensure you are introduced to a table.
Revised Information Desk Times
To give our volunteers time to set up our Information desk we have further amended our opening times.
The information desk upstairs in Sandbach Library will now be open on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month between 10:30 and 11:30am.
You’ll be pleased to read that this is the final reminder to have nominations, proposals or questions for the AGM with Stuart, our Chair, email@example.com by 22 January 2024.
Due to overwhelming demand Alice has organised a second trip to Buxton, but places are limited to 40.
Buxton/afternoon tea with 2 hour cruise on a canal barge
Date Wednesday 5th June
Price £33[includes drivers tip]
Depart from the Military 10.30am
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Alice on 01270765856
Formby u3a recorder day
Formby u3a have opened invitations to their recorder day on 24th February 2024 at the Quaker House in Liverpool (School Lane L1 3BT). You can register by using the contact details at the end of this message. You will need to confirm which recorder you will be playing e.g. descant, tenor, treble…. The plan for the day is as follows:
10am – 10.30am Tea/Coffee
10.30am – 11.45am Session
11.45am – 12midday Tea/Coffee
12midday – 1.15pm Session
1.15pm – 2.15pm Lunch
2.15pm – 3.30pm Session
3.30pm – 3.45pm Tea/Coffee
3.45pm – 5.15pm Session
Please note that coffee and tea will be provided but you will need to bring your own lunch or go out to purchase lunch.
If you use the promocode QUAKERSLV when prebooking parking at the Q-Park on Hanover street through the Q-Park website you get 20% discount.
The cost of the event is £25 per person. This will cover the tutor for the day, Andrew Collis, and the hire of the venue. I am just trying to sort bank arrangements for payment but if this isn’t possible people may need to pay £25 cash on the day. I will let you know about this as soon as I can.
It would be helpful if you could confirm your attendance to email@example.com asap so we can finalise the participation list.
Regards Helen (Chair u3a Formby)
u3a Online Talks and Workshops
u3a members can join a wide range of online talks, workshops and courses for free with their membership! There are some ‘How to Guides‘ for using Zoom if you are unfamiliar with the platform. See www.u3a.org.uk/events/educational-events for a list of current talks and workshops.
And finally …
- I was given a one day escapology course. Now I’m struggling to get out to do it.
- I had trouble finding the latest book on poltergeists? It’s flying off the shelves.
- Difference between in-laws and outlaws? Outlaws are wanted.
- My friend’s selling a load of broken yo-yos on his market stall, no strings attached.
- I asked my wife. ‘Where do you want this bubble wrap?” “Just pop it in the corner,” she said. It took me three hours.
- The car park at my Church is Pray and Display.
- My daughter asked me for a pet spider, I got her one very cheaply off the web.
- I used to own a chicken dating agency, but it was a struggle to make hens meet.
- A ghost appeared in our house last night, but I beat him off with a Vacuum cleaner. Talk about Dyson with death.
- Whilst playing the game I always feel It’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.
And just for today ….
- Since the snow came, all my partner has done is look through the window. If it gets any worse, I’ll have to let them in.
- The snowman in my garden had a temper tantrum I think he’s having a meltdown.