This message contains a brief monthly update to let members of Sandbach U3A know about new opportunities and things that have occurred.
Workshop on Creative Thinking
The North West region workshop on “Creative Thinking” takes place on Tuesday 30th April in the Alexandra Suite at the Crewe Alex ground. There is no charge but you should take your own lunch and you can see details of how to book a place by clicking on the website.
First Aid Course
Our resident first aid tutor is ready to train another batch of recruits at Bradwall Village Hall on Tuesday 21st May. The bargain price for this all-day course is no more than £3. Anyone who is interested should contact Barrie Hacking via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Programme/Groups Co-ordinator will be contacting all Group Leaders shortly to ask for information about their groups for next year i.e. Sept 2019 to May 2020.
- 1st May King and I musical (6 seats are available on the coach only at £10. You may be able to buy a ticket at the theatre box office or you could just go shopping / sightseeing in Manchester)
- 7th May Coach trip to York. 5 tickets left at £12
- 20th June Cruise from Llandudno on the “Waverley” paddle steamer. Two coaches are full but a reserve list is open.
- 23rd June Tour of the royal gardens at Highgrove House has 9 tickets left at £40. Apply by 23rd April.
- 4th July Horse drawn narrowboat ride in Llangollen and steam train journey with a Welsh tea £37. All sold but a reserve list is open.
- 15th August Southport Flower Show £27. All sold but a reserve list is open.
- 13th September Ludlow Food Festival. 10 tickets are left at £20.
- 10th October Grosvenor Garden Centre and lunch on a barge. 14 tickets left at £33.
- 13th November Tour of the Liverpool cathedrals and guided walk. 25 tickets left at £18.
- 6th December Christmas Party at Crewe Golf Club. Ticket price to be arranged.
Tickets for this and all the other trips will be on sale upstairs in Sandbach library on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday morning of each month from 9.30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. If you are unable to visit the library, call Alice on 01270 765856.
Member Meeting 13th May 2019
Carol Robertson will talk about the North West Ambulance Service N.B. This meeting has moved from the first Monday of the month because of the May Day holiday.
A more detailed newsletter will appear in July 2019. To share information about something that has happened or is going to happen, please send details to email@example.com
This message goes to each member who has provided an email address to the membership team. If you know of someone who doesn’t use email, please pass on the contents of this message to them. All group leaders are requested to ensure that all their members receive the diary updates, which can be printed for reference if required.
The Membership Team
N.B. Library Desk. A committee member attends at the U3A desk upstairs in Sandbach library on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday morning of each month from 9.30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. You may enquire about the classes and register as a member at the desk.